About the Certificate Program
The Global Inclusive Leadership Certificate™, developed by Diversity Abroad, is a unique hybrid learning experience that prepares participants with inclusive leadership skills and global competencies so that they can thrive in their communities and on globally diverse campuses and work teams. Current undergraduate students and recent graduates will have the opportunity to engage in online learning for their leadership development.
Developed in collaboration with leaders in the fields of diversity & inclusion, international education and student affairs, the Global Inclusive Leadership Certificate focuses on participants development as a student or young professional leader and the understanding diversity, equity, and inclusion through a leadership lens.
The program will provide a student focused learning experience that will simulate a classroom environment in a virtual space. Students will have the opportunity to develop foundational knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion as a complement to leadership skills needed to thrive in internship, professional roles, and in building their own ventures.
Are you curious to know more about the certificate program? Check out the "Owning Your Identity as a Globally Inclusive Leader" informational webinar at the below.
Certificate Program Modules Overview:
Over the duration of this online course, students will work their way through nine modules covering the topics of Global Competence, Cultural Humility, Inclusive Leadership, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in Action, and Career Readiness.
Students will have flexibility to complete the course and assignments at their own pace throughout the week and will meet live three times throughout the duration of the course with their cohort and facilitator to discuss the assignments.
Overview of Modules
- Introduction: What You Will Learn
- Module 1: Leadership & Identity
- Module 2: Theories of Identity
- Module 3: Cultural Humility
- Module 4: Understanding Global Competencies
- Module 5: Examining Local, Global and Intercultural Issues
- Module 6: Inclusive Leadership: A Framework For Implementing Global Competencies As A Future Leader
- Module 7: Owning Your Identity As An Inclusive Leader
- Module 8: Being An Inclusive Leader/ Leading Change As A Globally Competent And Inclusive Leader
- Module 9: Creating A Situational Leadership Decision-Aid
- Personalized leadership profile that students can use to improve and guide their leadership approach based on the following core pillars: cultural humility, global competence and inclusive leadership.
- Practical skills to prepare students to work collaboratively and effectively with peers and colleagues.
- Ability to apply theory to different leadership scenarios, and the management abilities required to navigate organizational challenges and promote team purpose.
- Certificate of successful completion from Diversity Abroad, the leading organization for diversity and inclusion in global education, further validating gained skills and knowledge.
- Learning community of peers who can share experiences, successes and challenges throughout the course and beyond.
Who Should Enroll
The principles taught in the certificate program will benefit learners from any industry, however the program was developed primarily to support current students and young professionals. Specifically students should enroll in the program if they fit any of the following criteria:
- Students enrolled in higher education institutions (undergraduate or graduate studies) who want to explore inclusive leadership
- Students looking to advance their leaderships skill by gaining a deeper understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Recent Graduates from undergraduate studies taking a gap year before graduate school or entering the workforce