Mentee-Mentor Relationships as a Career Booster & Networking
Diversity Abroad hosts an annual series of virtual community discussions for professionals interested in issues of access, inclusion, and diversity in education abroad and international student and scholar services.
November 2023 Community Discussion Webinar
November 30 at 1:00PM ET
In any field, being part of a mentee-mentor relationship can provide support, community, and a space to explore your future goals and career. Join us as we explore the ins and outs of mentee-mentor relationships in the field of international education. Each of our panelists have experience as a mentee or mentor and are eager to share more about their experience as well as tips on how to navigate this type of relationship, explain what a mentorship relationship is, and how to take advantage of being part of a mentorship as you navigate your career.
Note (engagement level): This community discussion will include discussion from our panelists and a chance for deeper engagement with participants through breakout sessions.
- Hanni Geist, German Academic Exchange Service
- Claudio Castaneda, Diversity Abroad CoP Liaison
- Sherene Awong, Customized Program Manager, IES Abroad
- Emma Freese, Internship Program Advisor, AIFS Abroad
- Libby O’Brien, Customized Program Manager, IES Abroad
- Rebecca Lubitz-Marchena, Content Designer, HubSpot
- Grace Skarzynski, Asst. Director of International Student Engagement, Xavier University
- Gabrielle Cascio, Senior Associate for External Affairs, Alliance for International Exchange
- Members: No Fee (members must be logged in and have a licensed access to receive member pricing)
- Non-Members: $99
Important Information About Registering For Community Discussions
- Upon completing the online registration, please complete the Zoom Webinar registration found in the "Thank You" message provided on the webpage or via the email confirmation sent to the email used in the registration to get the access/connection details. These are system generated emails, so be sure to check your junk/spam folder for the email.
- Diversity Abroad will send an email reminder about the community discussion and access details to confirmed registrants 24 hours before the live webinar.
- Please note, if contacted regarding webinar access within an hour of the listed start time, Diversity Abroad may not be able to answer those requests in time for the webinar, so ensure you have registered via the webinar link provided.
- All Community Discussions are recorded and the link to the recording and presentation slides are shared within 72 hours after the presentation and also added to the Member Resource Library available to signed-in Diversity Abroad members.