Cultivating Community: Bridging Gaps/Belonging for Intl Stud
Diversity Abroad hosts an annual series of virtual community discussions for professionals interested in issues of access, inclusion, and diversity in education abroad and international student and scholar services.
Cultivating Community: Bridging Gaps and Building Belonging for International Students on Campus
December 4 at 2:00PM ET
In the presentation titled "Cultivating Community: Bridging Gaps and Building Belonging for International Students on Campus," we embark on a discussion towards fostering belonging of international students within our respective educational institutions. This session is an exploration of the importance of belonging, and the strategies used to bridge divides and create a nurturing environment for international students.
Our discussion delves into the importance of creating belonging while navigating the unique challenges faced by international students in a new academic and social landscape, providing insights into collaboration across our campuses and the importance of building a supportive community. Drawing from real-life experiences and success stories, we hope to engage in a discussion of creating belonging.
As we collectively strive to break down barriers and celebrate diversity, this presentation serves as a way to discuss how we strive to create an environment at our respective institutions where every student feels not only welcomed but truly at home. Join us in this discourse as we lay the foundation for a more connected, understanding, and supportive educational community.
Note (engagement level): Community discussion webinars are designed to have a wide range of interactivity for audience members. Check back soon to know the level of engagement for this webinar.
- Maria Del Mar Aponte Rodriguez
- Rayna Tagalicod
- Henry Carey
- Members: No Fee (members must be logged in and have a licensed access to receive member pricing)
- Non-Members: $99
Important Information About Registering For Community Discussions
- Upon completing the online registration, please complete the Zoom Webinar registration found in the "Thank You" message provided on the webpage or via the email confirmation sent to the email used in the registration to get the access/connection details. These are system generated emails, so be sure to check your junk/spam folder for the email.
- Diversity Abroad will send an email reminder about the community discussion and access details to confirmed registrants 24 hours before the live webinar.
- Please note, if contacted regarding webinar access within an hour of the listed start time, Diversity Abroad may not be able to answer those requests in time for the webinar, so ensure you have registered via the webinar link provided.
- All Community Discussions are recorded and the link to the recording and presentation slides are shared within 72 hours after the presentation and also added to the Member Resource Library available to signed-in Diversity Abroad members.