Understanding & Addressing the Backlash Against DEI in IE
Join Diversity Abroad for a timely discussion as we address the critical issues surrounding the recent backlash against Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the broader context of society, media, and higher education with a focus on its implications for international education.
Navigating the Storm: Understanding and Addressing the Backlash Against DEI in International Education
February 15 at 12:00PM ET
Join Diversity Abroad for a timely discussion as we address the critical issues surrounding the recent backlash against Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the broader context of society, media, and higher education with a focus on its implications for international education. Our expert panelists will discuss the root of the current backlash, its impact on hard won progress in making international education more inclusive, and why DEI remains vital for our field's relevance in the higher education landscape.
This webinar is part of Diversity Abroad's commitment to advance inclusive and equitable good practice and policies within international education. Our dual mandate continues to be advancing inclusive student success through equitable access to international education and championing practices to diversify the profession.
- Andrew Gordon, Founder and CEO, Includifi | Founder and Senior Advisor, Diversity Abroad
Additional information about panelists will be posted closer to the event date.
Note (engagement level): This event will be hosting in a webinar format where participants will be in listen mode and have the ability to ask questions directly to panelists and moderators.
- Check back soon for more details about presenters and/or panelists
- Members: No Fee (members must be logged in and have a licensed access to receive member pricing)
- Non-Members: $39
Important Information About Registering For Community Discussions
- Upon completing the online registration, please complete the Zoom Webinar registration found in the "Thank You" message provided on the webpage or via the email confirmation sent to the email used in the registration to get the access/connection details. These are system generated emails, so be sure to check your junk/spam folder for the email.
- Diversity Abroad will send an email reminder about the community discussion and access details to confirmed registrants 24 hours before the live webinar.
- Please note, if contacted regarding webinar access within an hour of the listed start time, Diversity Abroad may not be able to answer those requests in time for the webinar, so ensure you have registered via the webinar link provided.
- All Community Discussions are recorded and the link to the recording and presentation slides are shared within 72 hours after the presentation and also added to the Member Resource Library available to signed-in Diversity Abroad members.