Call for Article Submissions
The Global Impact Exchange: A Publication of Diversity Abroad solicits article proposal submissions three times a year based on a contemporary thematic topic. Article submissions can take various forms, including: scholarly articles, opinion pieces, book reviews, student stories, personal narratives, and research findings, among others. We encourage contributors who have experience working with diverse and underrepresented groups in global education including racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQI+, persons with disabilities, religious diversity, high financial need, community college students, and first generation college students. Selected articles will be shared widely through Diversity Abroad communication platforms.
The Summer 2024 GIE Call for Article Submissions will be available in March 2024.
The Summer 2024 theme will be announced in early 2024.
Article submission may focus on:
Student support & Services
Safety and Security
Multicultural Student/Youth Experiences
Promising Practices/Case Studies
Personal and Professional Narratives from Global Educators
- Article proposals should be approximately 100-200 words and include the title, brief synopsis of the article, author(s), and
- Please upload submission as a Microsoft Word document, double-spaced in 12-point font.
- Citations should follow the style guidelines of APA 6th. References should be noted in the body (author, date) and listed as a reference at the end (please refrain from using footnotes).
- Can have multiple authors
- 750 - 1200 words
- Should draw upon research and thought leadership to build the narrative
- No more than 750 words
- Book reviews/overviews will highlight key areas of significance to global education in the context of access, inclusion, diversity, and equity.
The main task of the Editorial Advisory Board is to review article submissions for the Diversity Abroad Quarterly publication. While not a peer-reviewed academic journal, the Diversity Abroad Quarterly publication compiles articles to advance domestic and international conversations around diversity, inclusion, and equity in global education with respect to the thematic focus identified each quarter. Click here to view past Editorial Advisory Board members.
- Helena Gillespie | Professor Of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, School of Education & Lifelong Learning, University of East Anglia
- David Wick | Associate Professor, International Education Management, Middlebury Institute of International Studies
- Deborah Pembleton | Associate Professor, Global Business Leadership, College of Saint Benedict-Saint John's University
- March 2024: Call for Article Proposals Opens
- April 2024: Call for Article Proposals Closes
- May 2024: Invitations Sent for Full Articles (full draft)
- June 2024: Invited Articles Received (first draft)
- July 2024: Reviewer Feedback Available
- July 2024: Final Draft of Invited Articles Received (with revisions)
- August 2024: Target Publication Date
For those interested in contributing to the publication, the first step is to submit an article proposal of approximately 100-200 words and include the title, brief synopsis of the article, and the author(s). Citations should follow the style guidelines of APA 6th. References should be noted in the body (author, date) and listed as a reference at the end (please refrain from using footnotes). If accepted for consideration, additional instructions for submitting the full article for review by the Editorial Advisory Board will be provided. NOTE: article proposal form functionality is optimal when using Chrome or Safari browsers.
Deadline to submit initial article proposal: March 2024.