About the Publication
The Global Impact Exchange publication serves to advance domestic and international conversations around diversity, inclusion, and equity in global education with respect to the thematic focus identified each quarter.
Publications Available for Download
Spring 2023 Edition: Virtual Exchange as a Tool to Advance Equity and Inclusion
Virtual exchange has evolved significantly over the last 15 years just as technology has advanced to support a myriad of ways to connect communities across geographic locations. Many international education practitioners and educators have developed innovative approaches to virtual exchange programming from design to implementation. For the Spring 2023 Global Impact Exchange, Diversity Abroad in partnership with the Stevens Initiative invites individuals and teams working on virtual exchange to submit pieces that consider the following questions about this model’s role in advancing equity and inclusion. How can virtual exchange be utilized to increase access to international education and global learning for students/individuals who may not have access to traditional forms of education abroad programming? What are some unique challenges that virtual or digital programming have regarding equity, inclusion, or access? In what ways can virtual exchange support and accelerate global learning? How can institutions and organizations reconceptualize or reorient virtual exchange to advance students/individual’s learning around DEI competencies (e.g., engaging with difference, cultural humility)? How can virtual exchange be used as an opportunity to explore mutuality or interdependency given the bi or multidirectional flows of exchange and connections present in these programs?
Note: This publication is publicly accessible.
Stay on the look out for our Fall 2023 Edition "Discrimination, Harassment, and Intolerance: Addressing an Ugly Reality at Home and Abroad" coming in November 2023.
- Winter 2023 - Getting Career-Ready: Global Education and the Workforce
- Fall 2022 - The Power of Collaboration to Advance Equity and Inclusion in Global Education
- Winter/Spring 2022 - Health, Safety, and Wellbeing: Global Education in a Changing World
- Summer 2021 - Exploring Opportunities for Global Engagement Within Local Communities
- Winter/Spring 2021 - Disrupting Global Education's History: Reimagining the Next 100 Years
- Fall 2020 -Inclusion & Belonging in Times of Global Crisis
- Summer 2020 - Taking a Look Inward: Strengths-Based Approaches to Supporting Student Engagement
- Winter 2020 - Fostering Exchange Across Difference: Identity & The International Student Experience
- Fall 2019 - Attracting, Recruiting, and Retaining Diverse Talent in International Education
- Summer 2019 - Being *BLANK* Abroad: Health, Safety, and Security Concerns for Diverse Students
- Winter 2019 - Bridging the Gap: Cross-generational Perspectives on Diversity in Global Education
- Fall 2018 - High Impact Practices & Global Education: Leveling the Playing Field
- Spring 2018 - Intersectionality, Identity & Global Education: Exploring the Complexities
- Winter 2018 - Global Education in an Age of Nationalism
Note: Past publications are accessible with member login